Posts tagged ‘world cup’
With the World Cup having kicked off, we have football on the brain. For this week’s top 10 we’ve taken a look at what properties are on offer for all you football fanatics out there.
1. Sheering Hall comes equipped with it’s own football pitch – ideal.
Eight bed in Essex, £5.8m – Hamptons
2. This Grade I listed Jacobean mansion has its own sports pitches and a grand total of 329 bedrooms. Perfect for a football tournament for all your family and friends!
Ten bed in Hampshire, POA – Knight Frank
3. You could play a game whenever you like if you owned Wanstead Sports Club.
Commercial Property, POA – Victorstone
4. A striking country house set amidst magnificent gardens & parkland with ample space for a full size football pitch.
Seven bed in Cheshire, POA – Sotheby’s
5. Maybe you’re more of a table football fanatic. What a set up for watching the games!
Six bed in Surrey, £8.2m – Sotheby’s
6. Another opportunity to make football your business with this sports complex and ancillary accommodation.
Sports Complex in Wolverhampton, £795,000 – Skitts
7. Get the team over to yours for 5 a side football in the back garden.
Seven bed in Northampton, £1.35m – Fine & Country
8. A Californian dream – this 22 acre compound has everything you could ever want including your own football field.
Six bed in California, USA £4.5m – Coldwell Banker
9. Why not diversify with a multi sport option, then you’re sorted for Wimbledon as well.
Five bed in Surrey, £2.2m – Fine & Country
10. This stunning family home has previously catered for up to 60 family friends to host football, swimming and tennis tournaments. What a way to spend a summer’s day.
Four bed in Bracknell, £3.9m – Chewton Rose
At 15.30 today, Fifa, world football’s governing body, announced that Russia won the right to stage the 2018.
Despite our loss and having gone to all this work on the stats below we’ve still decided to publish how the Premier League football clubs rank in terms of property values.
Who knows what might have happened to values had we won the right to host.
|Property Value Position||Football Club||Average Value December 2010||Change over last 12 months||Premier League Position*|
|5||West Ham Utd||£201,459||3.46%||20|
Source: Zoopla.co.uk / *Premier League positions as of 2nd December 2010
With a little research, we have good reason to believe that this is, or was, the 4-bedroom detached (with gym, pool, cinema and sauna) home belonging to England and Tottenham Hotspur footballer, Aaron Lennon.
What do we at Zoopla.co.uk know about this property?
Because we list every UK home, provide free value estimates for any UK home and constantly update our information via many sources, including the collective intelligence of the community of over 4 million users, the chances are we’ll know quite a bit.
Looking at the change in value of the property, over the last year it’s up £313,286 (13.7%), but compared to the last two years it’s down £56,686 (-2.1%). So his timing’s not bad.
Here are more values for his road – Theydon Road.
In terms of previous sold prices, we know that the current owner bought the property on January 26th 2007 for £2,435,000. A little before that time, Lennon signed a new 5 ½ year deal worth £20,000 a week with Tottenham on 8 January 2007, which will keep him at the club until 2012.
Other sold prices for this property are as follows:
28th June 2002 – £1,500,000
2nd September 1996 – £600,000
It’s currently listed for sale by two agents at an asking price of £2,600,000.
Here’s a bit of a description of the property and more photos here:
“Set between Epping and Theydon Bois is this most impressive detached family house, with private electric gated entrance. The property offers a superb contemporary living space and accommodation, which includes master bedroom suite, three further main bedrooms, two being en suite, family bathroom, two reception rooms plus cinema room, study and kitchen/breakfast. There is also a one bedroom guest house with en suite. Swimming pool complex with games room and sauna, garaging, gym and attractive established gardens.”
Here’s the market overview page for CM16 where the average property value is: £385,517.
So, assuming that it is his and he sold at the asking, it looks like Mr Lennon could make – £165,000 on the sale, based on the purchase price of £2,435,000 in Jan 2007 (not including fees etc).