Posts filed under ‘Celebrity’
Gwen’s home from the popular TV show Gavin and Stacey has gone on the market despite welcoming more than 13,000 fans through its front door.
The Barry property is famed for Gwen’s omelettes and feisty neighbour Doris, and is now one of the key stops on the Gavin and Stacey tour.
The agent’s Alex Easton said: “It also offers a potential business opportunity for someone wanting to continue the frequent tours but unlike the current owner, charge visitors.
“The two double bedroom house is deceptively spacious and includes a very pleasant, south facing courtyard with elevated views across the old docks and Barry Island.”
The property comes with an asking price of £125,000.
The current owners have decided to sell up and an open day is being held on August 2 between 10am and 1pm.
Homeowner Glenda Kenyon told the Daily Mirror: “Since the filming of Gavin and Stacey, I have welcomed over 13,000 visitors to the house including organised coach tours on a weekly basis.
“I will miss both the street and Barry, but having lived here for over 30 years, I feel it’s time for a change and plan to move to Swansea.”
Katie Price is planning to sell her West Sussex mansion, where she found her husband cheating with her best friend.
The glamour model wants to make a fresh start by selling the £2m property, which includes stables – one of several locations where the cheating took place.
The stables are a painful reminder for horse-loving Katie following her husband’s confession of an affair with her best friend Jane Pountney earlier this year.
It follows fresh revelations today that her husband Keiran Hayler also had an affair with her friend Chrissy Thomas in road lay-bys.
Katie told The Sun: “I’ve known Jane and Chrissy for years. They are two people who I thought would have my back and Kieran has been in my house with all three of us, knowing he is sleeping with all of us.”
Keiran is alleged to have had a seven month affair with Jane – on many occasions in the home as well as the stables.
He told the Sun on Sunday: “It was around 1am and I was hammered from drinking Porn Star martinis. I head up to the stables where a friend of mine was meant to be staying and Jane followed me. We had sex standing up.”
Katie is pregnant with her fifth child – her second with Keiran.
She bought the luxury six bedroom home in 2010 and moved in with her then husband Alex Reid.
She was previously married to singer Peter Andre, who is the father of two of her older children. Her fifth child is from a relationship with Dwight Yorke.
Katie had initially tweeted that she would be getting a divorce from Keiran. But it seems those plans may now be on hold after she co-hosted a baby shower with him and also suggested that she may take his name if he could prove himself to her following his affair. The property is being sold privately.
So, where will the glamour model go next? If she remains in West Sussex, here are some options with her £2m budget.
1. Five bedroom house in East Grinstead.
2. Six bedroom house in Burgess Hill.
3. Six bedroom house near Pulborough.
Former child star Charlotte Church claims her millions have dried up and that she’ll have to work for the rest of the life, it was reported today.
The Voice of an Angel singer Charlotte – now 28 – was said to be worth £25m when she was only 17 years old.
But despite selling more than 10 million records, she confesses to not being as rich as some people think.
Speaking to BBC One Wales, she said: “I will have to work for the rest of my life. Not because I want to but because I have to.
“I always understood that all that stuff isn’t important and my career was not the be and end all.”
The mother of two previously lived in a luxury home in Cardiff with her ex-husband rugby star Gavin Henson.
She now lives in a 1930s villa in the Vale of Glamorgan where she lives with her children and partner Jonathan Powell.
Properties for sale in the Vale of Glamorgan:
1. Four bedroom detached house for offers over £400,000.
2. Three bedroom detached house for £159,000.
3. Seven bedroom detached house for £895,000.
Which are the most popular properties in June so far? From renovated TV personality homes in Kent to mansions fit for leisure enthusiasts in Warwickshire, here are the most viewed properties on Zoopla.
1. You may get, er…’square eyes’ if you look at this stunning Kent property for too long. Owned by Gogglebox’s ‘posh’ couple Steph and Dom, it boasts an eight bedroom main house , a further four bedroom property, a gardener’s cottage, a coach house and a tea room.
2. A new entry this month is this four bedroom detached property in Leicester for £220,000. There is off road parking to the front and a garden to the rear.
3. What would you pay for a five bedroom flat? If you are seeking one of the apartments at London’s iconic One Hyde Park, you will need £68m. The accommodation spans an entire floor and boasts views of both Knightsbridge and Hyde Park.
4. If you love entertainment, this Warwickshire property may be the home for you as an entire wing is devoted to leisure. It includes everything for a fun loving buyer, from a multicoloured lighting system to a cinema room and an infinity pool.
5. This newly built ambassadorial-style and stucco-fronted London home has 11 bedrooms and is spread over five floors – including a lower ground and basement.
6. This high-tech home in Frodsham boasts keyless doors with fingerprint recognition and natural climate control. It was once a tiny and dark two bedroom cottage, but is now flooded with light despite a substantial section lying beneath ground level.
7. An exciting opportunity to buy a three bedroom period terrace in London’s Peckham. It has an asking price of £650,000, but needs modernizing.
8. Every little thing this property does is magic. Owned by rock star Sting, this nine bedroom terrace house in London’s Westminster includes a garden, roof terrace and overlooks St James’ Park.
9. A nine bedroom detached house in London’s prestigious confines of Kensington is being offered (POA) with full planning permission to extend the property to include a separate cottage, tennis court and garden pavilion.
10. An opportunity to buy a 17,000 sq ft family home in London’s prestigious area of Mayfair.
Gogglebox stars Steph and Dom are reportedly being lined up to appear on Celebrity Big Brother this summer.
The potential move into the Big Brother house follows their decision to put their own, luxury eight bedroom mansion up for sale for £3.5m.
The ‘posh couple’ have been made famous by the Channel 4 documentary, which sees couples, family and friends provide running commentary on the week’s TV.
It’s from their sofa that the duo are filmed – most often with a drink in their hands. They are perhaps best known for the time when they laughed so hard that their sofa flipped over.
Dom bought their property in Sandwich, a small village in Kent, nine years ago and began an extensive programme of renovation works.
There’s the main eight bedroom house called Salutation, a further four bedroom property called Knightrider House, a gardener’s cottage, a coach house and a tea room all included in the sale.
It includes a B&B, featured on Channel 4’s Four In A Bed, where fellow B&B owners review one another’s establishments.
There is an extensive garden with a lake and a bowling green, all set in 3.5 acres. Estate agent Strutt & Parker is handling the sale.