New builds are a homeowner’s blank canvas
This is a legacy post from the findaproperty.com blog which is now maintained as an archive within the Zoopla blog. Links have been preserved.
Built-in mod cons, excellent energy efficiency and improved security – it’s not hard to see why more of us are opting for the charms of a new build home.
Ask a new-build buyer and they’ll tell you their home came with all new fixtures and fittings so there’s less chance of being lumbered with faulty boilers or damp patches. Also, new-home builders tend to take account of changing living patterns and build houses in keeping with modern lifestyles: they know what a lot of us are discovering – that Victorian room layouts may no longer be appropriate. New home owners will also likely get peace of mind from the warranty on their homes and an easier buying experience, as there’s no chain when they lay their hard earned cash down on a new build.
The New Homes Marketing Board has come up with a list of top reasons to buy new:
1. A fresh start: new build homes are a blank canvas
2. The price is right: new builds tend to be priced competitively for a swift sale
3. Greener and cheaper: new builds are built to the latest environmental standards
4. Less chain, less hassle: no stressful waiting around for owners to move out
5. More for your money: new builds come with high spec standard features
6. Peace of mind: Many house builders provide a ten year warranty
7. Spoilt for choice: There are countless designs and styles to chose from
8. A wise investment: new builds make good economic sense