Archive for November, 2010
Surfers on Broad Beach, Rhosneigr, Anglesey
Just a week after Clarence House announced that Prince William and Kate Middleton are engaged and due to marry in 2011, the Isle of Anglesey or Ynys Môn, as referred to by the locals, is having its moment of glory and has been branded the ‘Island of Love’.
Flight lieutenant Wales is based on the island at RAF Valley as a search and rescue pilot and is set to remain there for another three years. So, he’ll start married life on Anglesey…will he buy a property or rent a property?
If he rents, he won’t be short of choice but if he bought a property, he may find himself with a nice little nest egg after a few years…not that he exactly needs it!
The island is well known to those based in the North West and is home to many second homes, holiday homes and property that is passed down through generations of families who use the property as a seasonal getaway. But with its new found glory, spectacular coastline and stunning award-winning beaches perhaps it’s set to attract those from further a field?
Property values on Anglesey
|Area||Av. property value November 2010||Av. property value November 2009||Value change £||Value change %|
1. £2,350,000, Plas Rhianfa, Menai Bridge - 16 bedroom house for sale
2. £695,000 Bryngwran, Holyhead – 5 bedroom detached house for sale
3. £430,000 The Drive, Bodorgan - 3 bedroom bungalow for sale
4. £375,000, Llanddona, Beaumaris – 2 bedroom detached house for sale
5. £299,950 Yr Uncorn, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll - 4 bedroom detached house for sale