Twitter and Property
So, what is Twitter?
Twitter is a micro-blogging site, described by Twitter themselves as:
“… a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?”
We’ve been on Twitter for a few months now and have built a healthy following of 1,653 people, whilst we’re following 1,556 people. According to www.wefollow.com, a Twitter Directory, there are 57,928 worldwide Twitter accounts linked to “property”. So clearly Twitter is a growing social media tool for people interested in all aspects of home-moving, owning and renting.
We’d love to hear more from our users or agents via Twitter. You can follow us at @zoopla and we’ll always tweet back with you.
If you’re new to Twitter here is a quick guide. We’re always happy to help out and answer questions on Twitter about Zoopla.co.uk, property or Twitter itself.
1. Sign up for an account at twitter.com
2. Find some people to follow using the ‘find people’ feature or ‘search’ feature – try @zoopla or property experts @sarahbeeny of Property Ladder fame or Kirstie Allsopp @kirstiemallsopp from Channel 4’s Location, Location, Location or even the Channel 4 Homes Team themselves @4homes.
3. Start posting your 140 character tweets – we recommend keeping them light and chatty
4. To reply to someone, you put an @ at the front of the name like @zoopla
5. If someone you follow posts an interesting ‘tweet’ then you can ‘retweet’ it by typing RT at the beginning
Don’t expect people to follow you back right away, it may take some time.
Happy tweeting and we look forward to hearing from you on Twitter.